- Cocaine Overdose Signs, Symptoms and Effects
- Dangerous Signs and Symptoms of Cocaine Addiction
- How Much Does a Gram of Cocaine Cost on the Street?
- Recovery from Cocaine Addiction and Abuse
- Dangerous Short Term and Long Term Cocaine Effects
- Cocaine Help – Putting an End to Addiction and Abuse
- Physical and Psychological Effects of Cocaine Addiction
- How to Stop Cocaine Drug Addiction and Abuse
- Signs and Symptoms of Cocaine Drug Users
- Drug Addicts and the Effects of Drug Addiction and Abuse
- Drug Rehabilitation and Drug Abuse Treatment
- Signs and Symptoms of Drug Addiction and Abuse
- What Causes Drug and Substance Abuse
- Drug Rehab and Treatment Centers and Facilities
- Drug Abuse Prevention – Programs and Education
- Medical, Physical and Emotional Drug Detox Programs
- Alarm Clocks
- Artificial Plants
- Brand Watches
- Branded Checks
- Business Checks
- Business Printing
- Cancellation Holidays
- Car Stickers and Decals
- Caravans and Trailers
- Cartoon Checks
- Chairs and Stools
- Chimes and Bells
- Chinese Herbs
- Debt and Loans
- Dental Equipment
- Designer Checks
- Diaper Bags
- Discount Checks
- Flags and Flagpoles
- Gardening Tools
- Health and Disease
- Kids Clothing
- Kitchens and White Goods
- Lasik and Laser Eye Surgery
- Law and Lawyers
- Medical Equipment
- Organic Gardening
- Other Tools
- Patches and Labels
- Patios and Walkways
- Personalized Checks
- Pest control
- Photo Checks
- Pipes and Sewers
- Power Tools
- Private Investigations
- Site News
- Ski Holidays
- Sofa Beds
- Sports and Sport Equipment
- Suitcase Generators
- Vegetables and Vegetable Gardens
One of the major problems of any society, of any country, today is the rampant use of drugs and its rising trend. More and more people are getting addicted to these substances. People are addicted not only to alcohol or street drugs but also to their prescribed medications, steadily increasing their doses and using these medications even when not needed. With this arises the need for drug detox.
Drug Toxin and Toxicity
Almost all drugs have certain amount of toxicity. Toxins are actually not just found in drugs. In fact, they could be found in caffeine, nicotine, milk products, sugar, alcohol, and regular medications like aspirin. The amount of toxins is heavier in street or recreational drugs like cocaine. These drugs are potentially addictive in nature with negative physical and physiological effects that people would experience severe and harsh withdrawal symptoms once they stopped taking these substances.
The Need for Drug Detoxification
These toxins from drug or alcohol use remain in fatty tissues for years. The process of removing these harmful toxins or drug metabolites is detoxification or drug detox. This program is a very important aspect of a drug rehab process. It is the first step in the recovery and treatment of a drug abuser. Once a drug abuser has been detoxified, he has a better chance of living a much normal life, free from cravings stimulated by the presence of the toxins in his body. To detoxify, a person must seek professional help because drug detox results in the body’s negative reaction due to the withdrawal, exhibiting nausea, tremors, convulsions, and others.
Stages of Drug Detoxification
There are three stages to drug detoxification – medical detox, physical detox and emotional detox.
A licensed physician specializing in drug addiction may oversee your medical detoxification and help you with your withdrawal symptoms. He will ensure that you will get through the phase with as little as minimum complications. This stage usually takes several days to finish.
Once you are free from the drugs, a drug detox program would then assist you in rebuilding your physical strength and health. Typically, you would have a nutritionist that would give you a planned balance diet.
Then finally, you will be assisted in emotionally dealing with your drug addiction. You will go through counseling sessions that will help you understand your addiction, know why you were addicted and how to deal with your problems. You will also be counseled on how to live a life free from the drug pangs and cravings.
Once you have undergone drug detox, you will be able to live a happier and healthier life, full of promise.
Write a comment